Data Collection and Analytics Specialist
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
1st Shift, Monday-Friday
To abstract clinical data from patient medical records to support the specific data needs of the CCBHC grant. To provide ensure that data is captured and reported in accordance with the CCBHC grant contract.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
· Performs thorough review of medical records to ensure appropriate clinical information is being
obtained by CCBHC staff
· Retroactively audits electronic medical records and gathers historical data
· Collects and compiles statistical data and inputs information into database
· Creates a process to obtain clinical data and provides ongoing monitoring
· Analyses data thoroughly to ensure information is complete accurate and relevant prior to the
entry of data to the database
· Prepares charts and graphs to show trends and outcomes
· Collaborates with other CCBHC staff to establish an ongoing flow of data collection
· Utilize different analytical techniques to resolve problems and assist in process improvement
· In conjunction with the Project Director, facilitates data collecting improvement initiatives.
· Provides timely feedback on problematic trends and suggestions for improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and adjust work procedures to quality of statistical evidence
· Ability to work well under pressure and apply sound analytical thinking
· Skilled at applying statistical methods to show trends in collected data
· Participates in studies where expertise is needed.
· Participates in team/committee meetings as assigned.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience in quality management preferred
Required English Skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Must have control over personal use of all mood altering chemicals and behaviors.
If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.