Lead Care Coordinator
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
1st Shift, Monday - Friday
Under the general supervision of the Project Director, will provide behavioral/physical health assessment and treatment planning, case management, support, education, and consultation. Will communicate and coordinate care in order to keep member living independently in the community. Function as an effective leader and represent the agency in a professional manner.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
· Monitors project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
· Ensures project deadlines are met in a timely manner
· Guide and support care coordinators, collection, and reporting of data.
· Motivates team to maximize performance to meet the goals of CCBHC.
· Provides care coordination services primarily in the member/client’s home.
· Provides assertive community outreach and sustained efforts to engage individual members/clients.
· Completes timely and thorough assessments, care plans, service plans, and treatment plans.
· Provides linkage to community resources, as needed, such as homemaker/PA service, emergency alert systems, home delivered meals, durable medical equipment, food pantries, utility assistance, physical healthcare, behavioral healthcare.
· Engages the client/member’s family and personal support team.
· Completes all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with established standards of the State of Illinois, Managed Care Organizations, related contracts, and UnityPlace.
· Assist clients with transition of care services, placements, and discharge planning.
· Actively use the trauma informed approach to meet the need of clients and their family members.
· Maintains effective communication and team work with staff members, others departments, other healthcare provides, and the community.
· On-call availability during non-business hours.
· Participates in in-service and competency training.
· Meets clinical productivity standards/program deadlines.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the Unity Point Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, Joint Commission, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of Unity Place administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in social work, social sciences, counseling.
Bachelor’s degree in other human services field with 5 years’ experience in case management.
Registered Nurse in Illinois with a bachelor’s degree in nursing, social work, social sciences, or counseling or with 4 years’ experience in case management.
5 years’ experience in case management or 4 years work experience with individuals experiencing substance use and behavioral health issues.
Experience in supervisory or lead positions
Valid Driver’s License
Ability to delegate wisely, exercise good judgment, maintain good interpersonal relationships, adapt to change, evaluate critically and think creatively.
Individual will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to members/clients.
Individual will demonstrate effective written and verbal skills allowing communication with physicians, co-workers, other clinic/hospital personnel, as well as the public.
Position requires good organizational skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Basic knowledge of Excel, not required, but recommended.