Under the general supervision of the Manager of Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health
Outpatient Services will provide mental health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders; plans treatment modalities, coordinates treatment plans and follows.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
% of Time
· Performs diagnostic assessments, collecting diagnostic information, determining immediate treatment plans for patients. Requests medical consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
· Provides direct, intensive psychiatric therapy to individuals, families and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders.
· Coordinates with Crisis Stabilization Unit and Robert Young Center Inpatient Unit for clients presenting that may be a danger to self or others.
· Maintains records according RYC and accreditation standards MRO, Joint Commission, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurances.
· Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and patient needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities. Develops RYC treatment plan and monitor, its completion and revision,
· May provide supervision to RYC clinicians that provide assessment and treatment. May supervise social work students assigned to department. Participates in in-service and competency training of students or staff. May provides clinical supervision to RYC Clinicians.
· Prepares special reports as needed on activities, and work group activities.
· Meets clinical productivity standards
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field.
Minimum of two years of experience in a mental health setting.
Current licensure in good standing to practice from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation in one of the following Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Must apply within 90 days for licensure in secondary state, as required for position. Must obtain license in secondary state within 6 months as required for position.
Current licensure in good standing to practice from the Iowa Department of Public Health, Board of Social Work or Behavioral Sciences Board in one of the following – Licensed Independent Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family
Demonstrates an ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a range of client situations; has the ability to accurately assess and diagnose; can develop treatment plans and interventions with clients; proficiency in psychological evaluation; proficiency in providing clinical supervision; possesses interpersonal skills, professional attitude and understands the ethical standards of behavioral healthcare. Able to interpret rules and regulations. Possesses good written and oral communication skills. Has the ability to plan and organize their work. Is able to recognize signs of suicidal behavior and assess for lethality
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.