Cedar Rapids UnityPoint at Home
FT, 1.0 M-F 8am-4:30pm with call rotation
The Clinical Preceptor assists in the delivery of clinical orientation, validation of clinical competency for new and current employees, and provides student observation clinical experiences. The Clinical Preceptor is able to apply best practices, adult learning principles, coaching and mentoring skills in order to foster the growth and learning of employees. Clinical Preceptors also provide direct patient care and case management for a diverse community-based caseload.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Employee Orientation and Development
· Facilitates coordinated transitions from orientation program to independence within targeted goal.
· Tracks required orientation progress and provides progress to the Ambulatory Clinical Educator.
· Conducts new employee competency assessment and validates competencies throughout the orientation period.
· Validates the ongoing competencies of current clinical staff as directed by the Ambulatory Clinical Educator.
· Reviews skills with new employees to determine level of understanding and re-educates as necessary.
· Provides patient centered care and coordination of care for a patient population with diverse community-based healthcare needs to include:
o Develops comprehensive and patient-centered plan of care
o Uses clinical evidence-based protocols and technology as identified by standard scope of practice and disease processes
o Provides disease specific education and self- management strategies for patients to achieve an optimal patient independence
o Follows physician ordered plan of care and facilitates changes to the plan of care as needed to achieve desired patient outcomes
o Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events
o Coordinates care across the continuum as a patient advocate
o Provides supervision and care plan development for service line specific disciplines.
· Demonstrates competency and proficiency in case management for provision of care, clinical expertise, documentation, utilization effectiveness, patient experience and quality outcomes.
· Completes all documentation accurately and submits to office within 24 hours of visit, phone call and/or change in treatment or orders.
· Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferencing to ensure patient quality care, patient advocacy, utilization and outcomes
Subject Matter Expertise
· Makes recommendations related to training and skills development to clinical education team.
· Provides comprehensive and constructive feedback for employees.
· Consistently demonstrates strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize responsibilities, and appropriately delegates assigned tasks.
· Compliance with regulatory governance, organization policies and procedures.
· Expert in service line rules and regulations
· Reviews documentation to ensure compliance with state regulations, conditions of participation and payer requirements.
· Super-user of electronic health record.
· Responsible for OASIS and/or HIS review and accuracy.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses
Minimum of 2 years of home health or hospice case management
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to critically think and make clinical decisions based on verbal and written communication.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.