Community Support Specialist
UnityPlace - Community Support
Full Time, Benefitted
The Community Support Specialist has the opportunity to assist individuals who have mental health concerns with improving overall wellness and independent living. The CSS engages individuals in community based services to improve functioning and decrease symptoms.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
-Provide individual and group services, primarily in a community setting
-Promote and teach independent living skills
-Assist individuals in obtaining benefits, accessing community resources
-Promote engagement in physical healthcare
-Provide services to improve coping skills, social skills, and relationships
-Assist in obtaining and maintaining employment, work with local DRS office
-Provide advocacy services
-Utilize own vehicle to transport clients
Must meet one of the following criteria:
• Bachelor's degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field.
• Bachelor's degree in any other field with two years of documented clinical experience in a mental health setting under the supervision of a QMHP.
• A practical nurse who holds a valid license in the state of practice.
• Certificate of psychiatric rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program, plus a high school diploma or GED, plus two years' documented experience in providing mental health.
• Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) through Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association (IAODAPCA)
• Certified Family Partnership Professional (CFPP) through Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association (IAODAPCA)