Unity Place - New Leaf
Part Time - 20 hours/week, Benefitted
Tuesdays, Thursdays, every other Friday 8a-430p
This position is responsible for the safe transportation of patients, specimens, supplies, medication, film, records, equipment and miscellaneous items.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Performs transportation duties in an independent manner with little or no direct supervision.
· Safely transports patients and any supplies/items as directed evaluating patient's transportation needs and requests additional help if needed before moving patients
· Understands and complies with current National Patient Safety Goals
· Understands correct patient identifiers
· Follows proper hand sanitizing procedures when entering and exiting patient rooms
· Uses proper lifting techniques when moving the patient
· Uses proper BSI technique when handling and transporting specimens/medications
· Follows direction from Dispatcher
· Accepts direction from nursing staff for patient care guidance
· Utilizes appropriate process to notify floor staff when taking a patient off the floor
· Maintains safety in the vans: follows all agency protocol and state laws (no smoking; all staff and consumers must wear seat belts; all children under age 8 are in child restraint devices; keeps first aid boxes filled; keeps gas tanks above one quarter full; drives in safe manner; follows the maintenance schedules.
· Speaks with staff/consumers as necessary by phone during transportation time.
· Records services accurately in order to bill appropriately.
· Develops and maintains positive and respectful relationships with consumers.
Performs support functions of the unit and treatment services departments to ensure patient expectations and needs are met.
· Maintains and coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient and expedient patient care
· Maintains and ensures a safe environment for patients and personnel following all infection control policies and procedures concerning patient contact, specimen handling and equipment usage
· Shows courtesy, effectiveness and discretion when dealing with physicians, guests and other hospital personnel
· Demonstrates a practical problem-solving approach to patient moving and handling issues.
· Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of lift equipment.
Uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost-effective care.
· Completes care while conserving resources preventing waste of supplies
· Completes work within assigned shift
· Overtime used only as requested by Manager or lead staff
· Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work with changes as directed
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Experience of patient transportation
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
CPR certification upon hire or will receive such within the first 90 days probationary period.
Preferred CADC certification within 2 years.
Required English Skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.