Unity Place - Adult Psych - Methodist Hospital
Full Time - 32 hours/week, Benefitted
1st shift 7am-3:30pm, with every other weekend and holiday schedule
**$7500 Sign on Bonus for experienced Registered Nurse**
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients through the application of the nursing process.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Implements departmental nursing procedures and demonstrates nursing knowledge and skills by providing high quality comprehensive patient care in an ambulatory setting, appropriate to the age and needs of the patient served by the office.
· score: N/A
· Coordinates and prioritizes patient care activities and flow of patient data.
· Utilizes effective communication with office staff, providers, patients and their family members, as well as other external customers to ensure continuity of patient care
· Maintains working knowledge of established policies and procedures within the organization as well as office specific policies and procedures
· Works independently, effectively, and efficiently within established guidelines
· Conducts appropriate assessments, observations and collections of data as well as evaluates, records and reports symptoms and patients’ progress
· Assists and or performs prescribed procedures in compliance with provider’s orders
· Conducts, performs, and labels appropriate laboratory tests
· Completes job responsibilities in a professional, timely manner
· Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and its use.
Coordinates patient care activities and the flow of patient information by effective communication with other office staff, providers, patients, families and a variety of healthcare agencies and appropriate documentation to ensure continuity of care
· Demonstrates critical thinking in prioritizing patient care.
· Possesses ability to communicate effectively with providers, staff and patients to assist in identifying and solving problems
· Assists with orientation of new staff.
· Conducts appropriate and timely documentation of patients’ concerns, problems and/or symptoms in medical record
· Assists or performs prescribed treatments/procedures ordered by the provider to help with patient’s plan of care
· Competent to perform all phases of procedural care
· Assists in education and support of residents and students
· Scheduled and pre-authorizes procedures
Provides patient education through application of teaching-learning principles appropriate to the age and needs of the patient population served by the office.
· Utilizes appropriate resources to instruct patient and family
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills of age appropriate care
· Assures information and data is indicative of the patient’s learning capabilities.
· Interprets information relative to the age-specific needs of the patients
Ensures maintenance of therapeutic and teaching environment that promotes effective and cost efficient patient care.
· Assists in education and support of resident providers/fellows.
· Promotes a professional and congenial work environment
· Conducts effective, efficient and timely telephone triage calls
· Maintains a clean and safe therapeutic work environment by applying policies and principles related to care of environment, safety and infection control.
· Assists in quality improvement
· Participates in educational opportunities and meetings to enhance job skills and increase knowledge
· Assumes leadership role by acting as a clinical resource person within the office setting
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
Individuals hired after August 1, 2013 must obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN).
1-3 years of experience with excellent interpersonal skills and strong clinical skills appropriate to the age and needs of patient population.
Prior experience in an ambulatory or medical office setting.
Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire/start date.
If hired after August 1, 2019 – must possess and maintain Crisis Prevention (CPI) certification within 3 months of hire/start date.
Required English Skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.