Community Support Technician
Unity Place - Adams Street Living Center
As Needed, mostly weekends and evenings with shift differentials
Provide case management, support, education, and consultation for individuals living in a residential/group home setting.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Provide Clinically supportive services such as case management, individual interventions, education to individuals with a mental illness
· Provides community-based behavioral health services in a residential/group home setting for individuals experiencing behavioral health concerns that interfere with their ability to manage symptoms and impact functioning
· Observes clients when taking their medications and ensures appropriate documentation
· Recognize the warning signs for suicide and intervene appropriately to ensure client safety
· Provides transportation to client as clinically appropriate.
· Coordinates with Emergency Response Service, other crisis service teams, and supervisor for all crisis situations.
· Provides individual and group services to include, but not limited to, monitoring of daily living activities, assistance maintaining benefits and entitlements, assistance with employment and education, support to manage symptoms, skills training, advocacy for client’s rights and preferences, assistance accessing resources, family support, coordination of services and care.
· Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and client needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities.
· Maintains records in accordance with UnityPlace policies, as well as state and federal oversight agencies and accreditation agencies including Joint Commission, Medicaid, Medicaid Rehabilitation Option, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Commercial Insurances.
Provide effective communication
· Provides effective, concise and pertinent documentation in a timely manner
· Gives accurate, objective data during report to oncoming shift
· Actively maintains open communication and demonstrates a cooperative, teamwork style with clients, their family members
· Communicates pertinent issues to medical staff and other team members
· Serves as an advocate for clients
· Prepares special reports as needed on activities and work group activities
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Prefer enrollment in related bachelor level program.
Meet state requirements for Residential Support Assistant (RSA) as noted in knowledge/skills/abilities
Prefer 1 or more years of experience providing service to individuals with serious and persistent behavioral health needs.
Valid driver’s license in the State of Illinois
MVR must be ran annually
Demonstrates all of the following:
· Skill in the delivery of rehabilitative services to adults or children.
· The ability to work within a provider agency's structure and accept supervision.
· The ability to work constructively with individuals receiving services, other providers of service, and the community.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.