Position: Licensed Behavioral Health Professional-Schools
Shift: 1st Shift, based on school schedule
Hours per week: 40 hours per week, benefitted
Under the general supervision of the Community Based Therapy Supervisor will provide behavioral health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals and/or groups identified as having behavioral health needs; plans treatment modalities, coordinates and follows treatment plans. Will provide crisis evaluation and intervention as needed. The LBHP is recognized as a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts under Medicaid Community-Based Mental Health Services Rule 140.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
· Performs diagnostic assessments, collects diagnostic information, and determines immediate treatment plan needs. Requests medical consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
· Completes treatment plan in conjunction with student/legal guardian, identifying goals/objectives that are connected to needs identified in the assessment.
· Provides behavioral health therapy to students, families and/or groups identified as having behavioral health needs.
· Provides classroom education regarding behavioral health topics
· Coordinates with Emergency Response Service and other crisis service teams for students who may be a danger to self or others.
· Develops and maintains working relationship with school faculty/staff
· Provides behavioral health education for school faculty/staff
· Maintains records in accordance with UnityPlace policies and grant requirements, as well as state and federal oversight agencies and accreditation agencies including Joint Commission, Medicaid, Medicaid Rehabilitation Option, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Commercial Insurances.
· May provide supervision to UnityPlace clinicians who provide assessment and treatment. May supervise counseling or social work student interns assigned to department.
· Participates in in-service and competency training of students or staff.
· Meets productivity standards, grant/contract requirements for direct service
· Collects date and prepares reports as required by grants/contracts
· Meets compliance standards for all documentation and clinical charts
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, Joint Commission, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of UnityPlace administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.