Community Support Specialist - ACT Program
Monday-Friday, Days, Some Call
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, ACT will provide behavioral health assessment and treatment planning, case management, support, education, and consultation for individuals enrolled in the program. Will provide mobile crisis response and intervention to ACT clients. Function as an effective team member and represent the agency in a professional manner.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
· Completes assessment and treatment plan with client. Request consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
· Provides crisis assessment and intervention, completes safety plan with client, and follows up with client following crisis situation. Coordinates with Emergency Response Service and other crisis service teams when clinically appropriate.
· Provides individual and group ACT services to include, but not limited to, monitoring of daily living activities, assistance maintaining benefits and entitlements, assistance with employment and education, support to manage symptoms, medication observation as requested by physician, advocacy for client’s rights and preferences, assistance accessing resources, family support, coordination of services and care.
· Maintains records in accordance with UnityPlace policies, as well as state and federal oversight agencies and accreditation agencies including Joint Commission, Medicaid, Medicaid Rehabilitation Option, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Commercial Insurances.
· Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and client needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities.
· Participates in in-service and competency training.
· Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
· Meets clinical productivity standards.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, Joint Commission, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of UnityPlace administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Must meet one of the following criteria: