Certified Peer Recovery Specialist
Chemical Depency Assessment
Full Time, Benefitted
Provide experience, education and professional services to assist and support individuals in developing and/or maintaining recovery-oriented, wellness-focused lifestyles.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Ensures Patients receive comprehensive services: Identification of patient into services, assessment, discharge planning, and other aspects of warm handoff.
Provide continuum of care/follow up care to patients.
o score: N/A
· Be available after discharge to deliver recovery support, as needed.
· Ability to bridge care with insurance correlated community services
· Provide follow up instructions, appointments, and coordination for discharge planning.
· Provide detailed communication to receptive discharge providers to ensure warm handoff in the care coordination process.
· Ability to identify barriers to transportation and assist with getting patient transportation to appointments
· Provide ongoing recovery support service to ensure patient arrives and is engaged by intake staff, and ensure that patient remains engaged in treatment overtime – helping the patient navigate stages of change and practical considerations.
· Work with insurance provided transportation programs to ensure transportation
2. Provide education/information to patients, families, and other invested parties.
· score: N/A
· Is knowledgeable in understanding of addiction, signs of overdose, and administration of naloxone products.
· Ability to educate patient and family in opiate use and administration of naloxone products.
· Ability to provide consultation with patient, family, insurance provider, and treatment providers to confirm recommended course of treatment is covered and/or affordable.
Assist in facilitation of services, based on quality initiatives and documentation in EMR.
· Ensures accurate documentation
· Collaborates with Case Managers and Data analyst to ensure documentation is present to supports warm hand off.
· Documents all Discharge Planning components accurately in EMR
· Assist with documentation in EMR to support quality initiatives
· Assist with audits for medical necessity documents as requested
Experience in working with individuals who suffer from addiction or mental health disorders.
CPR certification within 3 months of hire
CPI/restraint training within 3 months of hire
CPRS Certification Once Eligible