Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and Clinical Manager and under immediate supervision of the PF Manager, this position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the program facilitation team. This position also focuses on overall client experience. This position is one of utility in that it functions in multiple capacity, inclusive of client intake, program facilitation and housekeeping. The position includes concern for development and implementation of comprehensive residential programming opportunities for the TOTWR, collaborating with the PF Manager and program facilitators to ensure a superior client experience.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Works with PF manger to provide leadership direction and support, coaching, for program facilitators. Establishes clear goals and objectives for program facilitation team which foster consistency in delivery of all aspects of the PF, housekeeping & documentation duties by the team; monitors effectiveness of performance and provides appropriate and timely feedback.
· Participates in the development and implementation of comprehensive residential programming for TOWR.
· Provide oversight to team to ensure high caliber service in the admissions and scheduling process.
· Develop training opportunities for facilitator team in collaboration with PF Manager.
· Maintains professional growth and development through various opportunities..
· Directs resources to ensure adherence to approved budget.
· Support, teach and help PF team members to support, teach and hold clients accountable in all aspects of their treatment program, including attending all programming, attitude, and all agreements in place both written and verbal.
· Facilitate communication with other departments.
· Assist PF staff members in facilitation of programming.
· Oversees documentation and distribution of PF, clients and other support roles duties and responsibilities. Adheres to all confidentiality PnP in place.
· In coordination with PF Manager, facilitates client programming
Treatment & Admissions
· Prepare and submit reports as deemed necessary
· Participates in any quality assurance program and seek to continuously improve the program within fiscal and departmental parameters
· Keeps Current and documents DASA and CARF compliance
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Post-secondary education in health related discipline: CADC
2+ years previous experience in a leadership role.
Previous experience with substance abuse and addiction treatment, especially in a residential setting.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.