Provides TOWR Executive Director and strategic planning committee with information, analysis, assistance and administrative support in the development of strategic goals and objectives for the organization. Primary focus of this position will include growth of market share and creation of new markets and services. Collaborates with others in the addictions/behavioral health field to engage, educate and create referrals in our client’s best interest. Work together with other leaders to attain a process of planning and deployment of tactics and initiatives to achieve TOWR’s strategic objectives. Oversight of Website(s) development and upgrading. Oversight of online campaigns. Conducts research in clinical, business and regulatory trends and environments that impact the services provided. Drives the strategic planning process. Stays abreast of and reports on industry trends. Writes business plans and provides analysis to support business and program development.
% of Time
Business Planning and Strategy
· Prepares business & marketing plans to assess potential viability of opportunities to grow existing and new markets/services and improve operational efficiencies.
· Prepares necessary plans, timelines and marketing budget to deploy strategic initiatives approved through the planning process. Collaborates with other leaders in process as is needed to accomplish goals and coordinates activities of others across reporting lines to assure successful deployment.
· Assists with the coordination of the strategic planning process for TOWR. Provides information, data, analysis and support for Executive Director and leaders to understand business opportunities.
· Initiates / facilitates exploration of development of the strategic objectives and assists with development of priorities of these objectives.
· Collaborates with Finance in development of financial pro-forma required for business plans.
· Focus on the growth of market share for TOTWRM residential addictions treatment services and the creation of new markets for existing product/services.
Marketing and Communications
· Meets with, educates and creates beneficial relationships with potential referral sources regarding treatment and continuing care opportunities with Top of the World Ranch
· Development of goals and objectives for planning/strategic, revenue growth initiatives in close collaboration with Executive Director & strategic planning committee.
· Prepares marketing budget and oversees budget process for TOWR.
· Researches, manages and aligns Top of the World Ranch Milan with on line marketing opportunities
· Maintains professional growth and development through various opportunities.
· Collaborates /networks with professional organizations supporting, the medical, psychological and social communities.
· Participates in organization and committee meetings as required.
· Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as TOWR representative.
· Has direct oversight of and provides direction for our website growth and organic search potential
· Researches and leads our online marketing campaign
· Works in concert with our sale and marketing at Top of the World Ranch Ltd Canada.
Research & Analytics
· Conducts ongoing research in the clinical, business, legislative and regulatory trends and environments that impact or influence the substance abuse service line. Helps prepare draft action plans in response to changes.
· Provide Executive director and operating board (as requested) with appropriate intelligence reporting and data to support long term planning.
· Assist in development and presentation of Certificate of Need materials to support new or expanding services.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, psychology, counseling, social work, hospital/healthcare administration or associated discipline
Minimum of 3-5 years in health care field
Previous experience in behavioral health, counseling, sales & marketing, community outreach.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· knowledge of behavioral health & addictions. Understanding of treatment approaches. Counseling methods, group and experiential therapies, holistic interventions.
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
· knowledge of statistical analysis and strategy development.
· Proficient use of usual and customary equipment and software applications used to perform essential functions of the position.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. High degree of computer and internet competency, on line positioning, & marketing opportunities. Return on investment focus.