UnityPoint at Home - Home Care & Hospice Departments
FT, Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Starting this May/June!
The RN Resident will learn how to plan, organize and direct home hospice care services. Will initiate, and implement care primarily in the patient’s home environment or hospice inpatient unit setting. The Hospice RN fulfills the role of skilled communicator, educator, leader and motivator. The Hospice RN ensures that high standards of patient care are met at all times.
More about the Residency Program:
This program is meant for RN new grads looking to start their career with UnityPoint at Home. Work side by side with a RN Case Manager in the field and extend the training and education you already have with simulations and real life experiences. This Residency Program is a one year commitment and is a full-time position which includes full-time pay and benefits. The program is meant to prepare new RNs for the RN Case Manager role once they have completed the program.
- A 12-month program to smooth transition into practice.
- A series of thoughtfully developed classes that will enhance skills in critical thinking, assessment, leadership and clinical decision making.
- Participation in this program is a part of the regular work assignment.
- Classroom instruction specific to the clinical area using a focused case study approach to learning.
- Clinical Experience under the guidance of an experience Preceptor.
- Ongoing continuing education and professional development opportunities.
- Dedicated nurse educators are available both during and following the program.
Nurse Resident Required Program Participation during the 12 month program:
- SIM Labs
- Monthly educational seminars
- Meeting touchpoints as scheduled
- Completion of Residency Project
- Completion of Residency Portfolio
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/