Sign-on Incentive of $10,000 available for qualified applicants!
Starting rate: $60/Hr
We’re looking for amazing nurses to join our exciting new RN Travel Nurse Critical Care (Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department) Float Pool team. This exciting opportunity provides team members the following:
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses and the Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health.
This position will float to nursing units within the UnityPoint Health enterprise.
To learn more about this opportunity: https://www.unitypoint.org/traveling-jobs.aspx
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking making independent judgments in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program
One (1) year of hospital clinical experience.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
Dual licensure is required for this position:
1. Licensure in the state of Illinois
2. Licensure in a Compact State to enable practice in Iowa and Wisconsin.
New hires who are not dual licensed in will have 90 days from date of hire to obtain and submit proof of dual licensure. (Proof of application for dual licensure is acceptable within the 90 day window if licensure processing has not been completed at the state level).
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Unit specific additional functions will be addressed in the competency checklist specific to the assigned unit.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Possess and maintain current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) if working on a unit with pediatric patients.
Possess and maintain current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC).
Possess and maintain current NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS).
Possess and maintain current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within 6 months of hire if working on telemetry, ICU, ER units.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work will require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.