Provides educational leadership, ensures a quality learning environment for all students, and plans, organizes, implements, and assesses didactic, laboratory, and clinical experiences as assigned within the vision, mission, values, and learning domains of the College.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Teaching and Assessment
· Organizes and delivers didactic and/or clinical experiences for students which assists students in meeting course goals.
· Instructs and evaluates students in classroom and clinical settings in alignment with the College mission by incorporating innovative teaching and learning strategies.
· Maintains practice expertise in clinical areas of instruction.
· Utilizes appropriate, varied, active, and creative teaching and assessment methods, to include formative and summative assessments.
· Completes course summaries and analyzes data to use for course and program improvement.
Program and College Support
· Represents Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences in the most positive manner while interacting effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services.
· Enhances personal and professional development through continuing education; exercises personal competency in educational policies, areas of practice expertise, and facility policy.
· Participates in continuous quality improvement and evaluation for the program and the College, including general education components.
· Participates in studies, reports, and curriculum revisions.
· Collaborates with others to achieve Program goals.
· Attends all mandatory in-services and participates in recruitment activities.
· Participates in the coordination of College activities.
· Serves on a Standing Committee of the Faculty Senate and participates in Department meetings.
· Participates in scholarly activities (discovery, teaching, application, integration) based on rank description.
· Projects a professional image in the College environment and community and serves as an ambassador of the College.
· Promotes positive College relations.
· Responds to student requests and emails in a timely and professional manner.
· Establishes and maintains scheduled office hours.
· Provides academic advising and assistance.
· Participates in student related extracurricular activities.
Basic Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences - UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA, FERPA, TITLE IX, and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding higher education and healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of College, hospital, and department compliance requirements commensurate with position (Title IV, Title IX, Campus Violence). Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of supervisor. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
· Supports vision, mission, and values of Trinity College.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
MSN - Nursing required
2 years clinical practice
Previous teaching experience preferred
Registered Nurse license in both Iowa and Illinois or be eligible to do so
Excellent communication skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.