Registered Nurse - UnityPlace - Addiction Recovery Center
All shifts as needed
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients through the application of the nursing process.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE FOCUS: Promotes the use of evidence-based practice through the nursing process, protocols and procedures.
· score: N/A
· Assesses patient's status through interview, observation and physical assessment of actual problems and outcomes.
· Develops an individualized plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Uses appropriate interventions identified in the plan of care to achieve expected patient outcomes.
· Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress toward expected outcomes/goals on an ongoing basis throughout the shift.
· Modifies plan of care based on evaluation.
· Completes required documentation as appropriate, including patient chart and event reports.
· Demonstrates professional accountability for own practice as evidenced through seeking resources and continuing self-development.
· Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and troubleshoots when problems arise.
· Acquires and maintains current knowledge and skills in evidence-based nursing practice.
· Promotes the professional development of self and team members.
· Shares clinical knowledge through informal teaching and in response to the learning needs of others.
· Demonstrates a practical problem-solving approach to patient moving and handling issues (as applicable).
· Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of lift equipment (as applicable).
· Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing.
· Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider’s orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE FOCUS: Coordinates the interdisciplinary care of the patient through collaboration with team members and utilizes additional resources when necessary.
· score: N/A
· Recognizes need for assistance and utilizes resources, including physician and nurse to nurse (RRT), 911 consultation in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates ownership and persistence to ensure problem is resolved in best way possible.
· Able to assume assignment of non-complex and some complex patient management with some turnover in assignment.
· Consistently prioritizes work based on changes in patient condition, changes in assignment and unanticipated interruptions.
· Identifies and utilizes team resources to solve identified problems or needs.
· Collaborates with the health care team in the organization of tasks and activities for the patient's care from admission to discharge according to the plan of care and to meet identified expected outcomes.
· Works with other team members in delegating tasks and activities appropriately.
· Provides goal-focused shift report.
· Advocates with physicians on patient's behalf when necessary.
· Utilizes communication and teamwork strategies aimed at promoting high team performance and achieving optimal patient outcomes and unit productivity.
· Chooses an appropriate and meaningful communication style when interacting with others, gives and accepts constructive feedback to/from peers.
PATIENT EDUCATION FOCUS: Assesses and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient's/family's age specific needs.
o score: N/A
· Adapts teaching strategies based on patient's response, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Takes cultural, age-specific, gender, and developmental factors into consideration when teaching patients about procedures, illness, hospital experience, etc.
· Ensures patient safety in the hospital environment by following policy/procedures and adhering to National Patient Safety Goals.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT FOCUS: Actively participates in data collection, analysis, problem solving and gives input on process improvements and patient satisfaction.
o score: N/A
· Assures that the care provided is consistent with standards of care, evidence-based practices, national patient safety goals, core measures and other quality initiatives undertaken by the unit/hospital.
· Works with interdisciplinary team in identifying opportunities for improvement in patient care and patient/family satisfaction.
· Actively promotes and achieves customer satisfaction (patient, family, departments, physicians).
· Participates in the implementation of Performance Improvement initiatives.
· Promptly and efficiently follows up on patient/family requests/needs - anticipates patient/family needs.
· Encourages coworkers in achieving excellent customer satisfaction; utilizes organizational service excellence standards.
· Serves on unit-based councils.
· Identifies practice problems on the unit.
· Implements changes in own clinical practice based on literature and unit process improvement outcomes.
· Works on assigned projects, data collection, audits as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
1-2 years’ experience working as a RN
1-3 years’ experience working in addiction, behavioral health, or related field.
Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 60 days of hire/start date.
Must possess and maintain current Crisis Prevention (CPI) certification within 90 days of hire/start.
CPR required within 60 days of start date
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Advanced reading, writing skills and basic oral skills
Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker.
Interaction with a wide variety of people.
Maintain confidential information.
Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information.
Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor.
Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery and must actively treat this addiction by appropriate recovery practices including, but not limited to, regular attendance & participation in Twelve Step Fellowship or other recognized recovery processes such as active participation in church, appropriate support network, etc.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.