SUD Counselor Lead
New Leaf - UnityPlace
2nd Shift - 2 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
The Lead increases Substance Use Disorder team members’ job satisfaction and retention through providing supervision, assistance on the unit, training, monthly meetings and being available for the team. The Lead increases compliance and safety on the unit by performing weekly auditing and searches. The Lead assists the clinical team by filling in as needed for group and client coverage.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Collaborates with the Substance Use Disorder team to provide consistent support, scheduling and staffing:
· Provides scheduling for the team at least 6 weeks out and manages PTO/Shift Change requests.
· Provides support to the team by providing back up when short staffed or overwhelmed.
· Provides consistent communication by updating the boards in the office.
· Provides consistent leadership communication by checking in with the staff on shift.
· Provides consistent support by being present on the unit, available to assist the team and clients and working flexible shifts.
· Coordinates and communicates with the Program Manager regarding the needs of the unit, any concerns and ways to address these concerns.
· Collaborates with the next shift by discussing concerns on the unit and what to be aware of for their shift.
1. Collaborates with the Program Manager to provide continued support for the unit via assisting clinical staff, on call, auditing services, performing searches, working with the Program Secretary and organizing visiting:
· Establishes and maintains the visiting grid for client visits on Saturday, Wednesday and Thursday.
· Works with clinical staff to ensure that visitors are screened 24 hours in advance of the visit and with staff to ensure that visitors are screened immediately before the visit on the unit.
· Ensures compliance by auditing case notes and cross references case notes with the blog.
· Increases compliance with the MAR by auditing the MAR weekly, notifying the staff that the MAR has been flagged and getting the errors corrected.
· Ensures accurate UA notes by performing ongoing UA audits and addressing UA note issues as they arise.
· Ensures accurate UA recording by entering new UAs into the UADB database.
· Performs weekly searches of the unit with the staff on shift.
· Maintains and creates a bi-weekly on call schedule with the Program Manager.score: N/A
· Ensures client satisfaction by meeting with clients who have concerns or needs.
· Encourages teamwork by being accessible to the clinical staff.
· Collaborates with the team regarding admits, shift needs, and how to back up the unit.
Coordinates team member onboarding, weekly random drop list, health department compliance, and staff coverage:
· Ensures appropriate hiring through assisting Program Manager with the interviewing and hiring of team members.
· Ensuring appropriate skill level through setting up orientation schedule for new hires, completing the 90 days check list, observing med passes and being on shift with new hires.
· Coordinates ongoing trainings for the staff via Net Learning, Human Resources or Quarterly team modules.
· Facilitates quarterly trainings in combination with the Knolls and Team Leader.
· Ensures the team and facility are following Health Department Guidelines by signing up staff for certification and monitoring current certifications.
· Provides shift coverage for the team on any shift; either arranges for coverage or comes in themselves.
· Ensures collaboration with clinical staff by attending weekly clinical staff meetings and communicating to fellow staff via the blog or emails regarding issues on the unit.
· Receives client complaints and investigates them accordingly.
· Backs up the clinical staff by meeting with clients when needed and FOCIS noting the meeting.
· Collaborates with Program Manager regarding unit concerns.
· Ensures flexible communication with staff by consistently asking for feedback, concerns or training needed regarding policies and procedures.
Coordinates Monthly Meetings, Temp Sheet Compliance, Ongoing RST Education, Back Up, Clinical Assistance, Disciplinary Actions with
· Facilitates monthly meetings.
· Identifies policies and procedures for the team to become knowledgeable about.
· Tracks and approves billing from Redwood.
· Is knowledgeable in the Program Secretary duties and backs up the Program Secretary as needed.
· Is knowledgeable in the Program Manager duties and backs up the Program Manager as needed.
· Provides clinical assistance as needed on the unit.
· Meets with Program Manager and team regarding coaching or disciplinary actions.
· Regularly checks the fridge/freezer temp sheets on the unit to ensure compliance.
· Regularly checks the AED checklist to ensure that the AED is ready for use.
· Consults with Program Manager and HR regarding concerns.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Prefer Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health care or allied fields, or CADC certification preferred.
Will accept five years’ experience in behavioral healthcare in lieu of degree.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.