Under the immediate supervision of the Clinical Director this position is responsible for rendering nursing care to clients of Top of the World Ranch. Primary responsibility for this position includes on-going patient assessment and corresponding documentation using comprehensive knowledge of ASAM criteria. Demonstrated competence in recognizing and responding to patients physical, mental, emotional and developmental needs should be evaluated in relation to the client population being served. Responsible for nursing care and appropriate documentation and coordination of client medical needs while in residence at the center, staff training in patient assessment, medication distribution and other appropriate nursing care topics. Ability to assist in delivering client programming and developing appropriate nursing/health related program is also expected.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master’s degree in nursing or health related field preferred
1-3 years direct patient care
Previous experience with substance abuse and addiction treatment, especially in a residential setting.
· Current licensure by the Illinois State Board of Nursing
· Current CPR certification
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Addiction Nursing Certification preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Effective communication both written and verbal.
· Consistently demonstrate caring and compassionate communications with all constituents.
· Knowledge of theories and techniques used in the treatment of dual diagnosis with emphasis on addictions.