Top of the World Ranch has partnered with the Robert Young Center to establish a new residential addiction treatment program in Milan IL. The facility has over 315 acres of land and miles of trails in a beautiful wooded setting. We are now accepting applications for employment for an Addictions Counselor. In this role, you will play a key role to address behavioral addictions such as gambling, sex & romance addiction and other dependences that often accompany the chemical addictions.
This role provides addictions education and direct counseling service to patients and their families participating in services Top of the World Ranch. Activities include assessment, treatment planning, group facilitation, individual counseling and crisis intervention.
• Provides direct patient counseling services, including assessment, treatment planning, providing individual counseling, facilitating group therapy, crisis intervention
• Documentation of services provided by maintaining accurate client record reflecting services provided and recommended follow up
• Responsible for referral and case management activities, including facilitating referrals for additional services, participation in team meetings, coordinating care with community resources, etc.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA, CARF, SUPR and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of compliance regulations/policies of CARF accredited PHP, IOP, and Outpatient facilities. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of
administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
• Uses seasoned clinicians and direct report (Clinical Manager) to assist staff and patients in calling out opportunities and problem solving.
CADC, QMHP, LMHP, LCSW, or Phd
One year supervised substance abuse experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Eligible to apply for a minimum of temporary certification at time of hire with expectation to obtain certification within first 3 months of employment
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Knowledge of all core counselor functions according to Illinois Board of Certification.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with people of diverse backgrounds and educational levels.