60% - Transportation of persons, supplies and equipment:
- Transports students and faculty, including supplies to designated places/areas. Sets up exterior and interior of vehicle to support outreach functions (awning, generators, etc.)
- Tracks necessary preventative maintenance and schedules with external vendors as necessary.
- Fills gas tank regularly as needed.
- Performs safety checks of vehicle before every transport.
- Follows all laws and rules.
- Communicates and works with faculty to schedule needed outreach activities.
10% - Use and maintenance of UnityPoint Health motor vehicles:
- Maintains an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Ensures the proper use and care of the vehicle in their possession.
- Tracks and schedules maintenance needs
- Follows established routes and protocols, always demonstrating all Rules of the Road and following all laws.
- Drives up to 350 miles in both urban and rural settings and in all types of weather conditions.
- Ensures vehicle is parked in designated areas at the end of the shift.
- Cleans the vehicle out completely including coolers/supplies/envelopes/trash daily.
- Parks vehicle with no less than ½ tank of fuel.
10% Effectively communicates information and shares knowledge with peers, lead staff, coordinators and internal and external customers in a timely manner:
- Completes work within assigned times.
- Keeps abreast of changes by reading e-mail messages daily when scheduled to work and attending meetings.
- Responds to questions by internal or external customers, peers or coordinators.
10% Other job duties as required or as designated:
- Asks for assistance in completing work assignments when necessary.
- Follows up or refers problems and/or concerns to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Contributes ideas for improving work processes.