Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Want to know about our culture and benefits? Click here to find out more: https://uphtotalrewards.com/.
Recovery Specialist - UnityPlace
Human Service Center - Gunther Heartland
1200 N. Hamilton Blvd., Peoria, IL
M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
We are currently seeking a Recovery Specialist for a community based MAT program. As the case manager you will make a difference each day helping individuals by providing the interventions, activities and personal development need to succeed in recovery independently. In this role you will provided evidenced based services, coordinate care and support activities and communicate with the team. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavioral health, is creative, possesses strong organizational skills and is skilled at engagement and professional relationships.
Community Based Job that engages those individuals that will benefit from Substance Use Services and links to other needed services and resources in the community. Works collaboratively with other organizations to assure the best care and services possible for the patients.
Ensures Patients receive comprehensive services: Identification of patient into services, assessment, discharge planning, and other aspects of warm handoff.
Provide continuum of care/follow up care to patients.
· Be available after discharge to deliver recovery support, as needed.
· Ability to bridge care with insurance correlated community services
· Provide follow up instructions, appointments, and coordination for discharge planning.
· Provide detailed communication to receptive discharge providers to ensure warm handoff in the care coordination process.
· Ability to identify barriers to transportation and assist with getting patient transportation to appointments
· Provide ongoing recovery support service to ensure patient arrives and is engaged by intake staff, and ensure that patient remains engaged in treatment overtime – helping the patient navigate stages of change and practical considerations.
· Work with insurance provided transportation programs to ensure transportation
1. Provide education/information to patients, families, and other invested parties.
· score: N/A
· Is knowledgeable in understanding of addiction, signs of overdose, and administration of naloxone products.
· Ability to educate patient and family in opiate use and administration of naloxone products.
· Ability to provide consultation with patient, family, insurance provider, and treatment providers to confirm recommended course of treatment is covered and/or affordable.
Assist in facilitation of services, based on quality initiatives and documentation in EMR.
· Ensures accurate documentation
· Collaborates with Case Managers and Data analyst to ensure documentation is present to supports warm hand off.
· Documents all Discharge Planning components accurately in EMR
· Assist with documentation in EMR to support quality initiatives
· Assist with audits for medical necessity documents as requested
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Current Illinois driver's license with an insurable driving record and vehicle.
-If not Licensed (LPC, LSW, LCPC, LCSW) or Certified (CADC), must have ability to obtain either license or CADC within 2 years of employment.
- Case management experience with community based systems working with adults with serious mental illness and/or substance use.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision in various community based settings and working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the ACT model a plus.
- Computer experience in a Window's based environment a must.
- Clinical experience with co-occurring substance use and mental health conditions; be familiar and comfortable with MI and CBT.
Hours are primarily first shift, Monday- Friday
Human Service Center offers a competitive benefit package which includes paid time off, group medical, 403(b) retirement plan as well as company paid life insurance and short/long term disability.