Trinity College is seeking a full time professor for the college of nursing graduate program. Doctorate required
This position provides educational leadership, ensures a quality learning environment for all students, and plans, organizes, implements, and assesses didactic, laboratory, and clinical experiences as assigned within the vision, mission, values, and learning domains of the College. In alignment with the College mission, faculty incorporate innovative teaching and learning strategies to develop health care professionals who promote the health of individuals, families, and communities. The academic triad which includes the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service defines faculty responsibilities and reflect knowledge, proficiency, and culture care. Demonstration of participation in teaching, scholarship and service activities is expected.
With a presence in the Quad Cities for more than 100 years, Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences has become the community leader in developing experienced and knowledgeable health professionals. We currently offer four academic degree programs:
Our academic programs are well-respected and focus on the development of the critical thinking and practical skills necessary for entry into today's fast-changing health care environment. Through our affiliation with Trinity Regional Health System, our students are able to work with some of the most technologically advanced equipment in the medical field, in both simulated and clinical settings.
Our dedicated faculty and staff work closely with other area health care professionals, bringing a collaborative and holistic approach to the curriculum.
Teaching and Assessment
· Organizes and delivers didactic and/or clinical experiences for students which assists students in meeting course goals.
· Instructs and evaluates students in classroom and clinical settings in alignment with the College mission by incorporating innovative teaching and learning strategies.
· Maintains practice expertise in clinical areas of instruction.
· Utilizes appropriate, varied, active, and creative teaching and assessment methods, to include formative and summative assessments.
· Completes course summaries and analyzes data to use for course and program improvement.
Program and College Support
· Represents Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences in the most positive manner while interacting effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services.
· Enhances personal and professional development through continuing education; exercises personal competency in educational policies, areas of practice expertise, and facility policy.
· Participates in continuous quality improvement and evaluation for the program and the College, including general education components.
· Participates in studies, reports, and curriculum revisions.
· Collaborates with others to achieve Program goals.
· Attends all mandatory in-services and participates in recruitment activities.
· Participates in the coordination of College activities.
· Serves on a Standing Committee of the Faculty Senate and participates in Department meetings.
· Participates in scholarly activities (discovery, teaching, application, integration) based on rank description.
· Projects a professional image in the College environment and community and serves as an ambassador of the College.
· Promotes positive College relations.
· Responds to student requests and emails in a timely and professional manner.
· Establishes and maintains scheduled office hours.
· Provides academic advising and assistance.
· Participates in student related extracurricular activities.
Basic Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences - UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA, FERPA, TITLE IX, and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding higher education and healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of College, hospital, and department compliance requirements commensurate with position (Title IV, Title IX, Campus Violence). Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of supervisor. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
· Supports vision, mission, and values of Trinity College.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Previous teaching experience at the baccalaureate level.
Previous teaching experience at the graduate level preferred.
Registered Nurse license in both Iowa and Illinois or be eligible to do so
Excellent communication skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Level 2; Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, pushing or pulling arm or leg controls or maintaining a production rate pace. Light work requires physical exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work.