Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Unpaid Intern - Human Service Center
The intern will assist in project work and daily tasks as assigned.
Demonstrate appropriate customer relation skills by adhering to standards of excellence.
· Adheres to department’s service levels and expectations.
· Commits to the highest standards to ensure patient/customer satisfaction
· Patient/Customer focused.
Provides support to team through performing project work for VP/Director/Team, as assigned
· Attend and participate in project meetings
· Complete assignments within given time constraints and scope of work.
· Assist in department goals and initiatives
Exercises initiative and judgement to make decisions within scope of assigned authority.
· Regularly update leadership on progress of assignments
· Outline plan for Assignments to ensure within scope of assignments
· Actively participate in team projects by asking questions and active involvement in meetings.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Must be a currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program in a Behavioral Health field of study.
No Work Experience Required
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.