Top of the World Ranch is new residential addictions treatment program in Milan, IL that is accepting applications for employment as a Service Technician (Maintenance).
This position plays a key role on the ranch to provide ongoing maintenance, beautification, and repair of the grounds, facilities and machinery. Top of the World Ranch has over 315 acres of land and miles of trails to maintain in a beautiful wooded setting. This makes it imperative that the ideal candidate will have experience operating power tools, lawn and garden machinery, chain saws, another other hand tools. General plumbing, electrical, and building maintenance are additional skills that will be necessary to maintain the 12,900 square foot ranch. Please review the job posting below for additional duties and responsibilities.
Key Accountability – Maintain interior of properties
· Perform minor construction work, e.g., dismantling and erecting walls, finish carpentry work, pouring concrete, basic plumbing, basic electrical, etc.
· Maintenance and monitoring of swimming pool
· Become proficient at understanding, and maintaining the heating and cooling systems of the buildings
· Client & Staff Health and Safety first priority
Key Accountability – Maintain exterior of property
· Snow removal both mechanical and by hand
· Fence repair, and construction Lawn and garden work. Including use of lawn mowers, trimmers, gardening, spreading fertilizer.
· Painting and up keep of decks, furniture and interior walls of facilities.
· Gather, and provide a store of fire wood.
· Cut and maintain the trail system
· Light machinery maintenance – ensure equipment is all in working order, and has regular inspections, oil & filter changes, etc.
Key Accountability - Other
· Manage to Repairs and Maintenance budget
· Garbage removal
· Purchase of supplies for cleaning, maintenance and construction/renovation as required and approved
· Assignment and management of duties to subcontracted work
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, DASA, CARF” OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Must have completed one of the following formal training, certification, or licensing programs or have comparable experience:
- Graduated from a four year apprentice program in a skilled trade such as an electrician, plumber, pipe fitter, sheet metal worker, millwright, or one of the construction trades such as carpenter, bricklayer, mason, painter, etc. One year of maintenance repair and troubleshooting experience is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Have completed and received a diploma from a two year technical school, junior college, or recognized equivalent correspondence course in an area of specialization such as HVAC, electrical, electronics, or mechanical equipment, technology, or other applicable skilled trade and have three to five years of experience in the field of specialization.
- Be certified or licensed by a recognized acceptable organization through some testing procedure in an applicable area of specialization such as power plant operation, welding, electrical, electronics, etc., and have five to seven years of experience in the field of specialization.
Or equivalent combination of training and experience.
May qualify with eight to ten years or more of documentable experience in an applicable specialty and have attended an equivalent of twelve weeks of seminars and other short concentrated training programs and have demonstrated satisfactory competence through testing, job performance, or other acceptable means or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge and ability to safely operate power tools
Knowledge and ability to safely operate lawn & garden machinery
Knowledge and ability to safely use hand tools
Knowledge and ability to safely operate a chain saw
Knowledge and experience of building maintenance
General plumbing knowledge and ability
General electrical knowledge and ability
Ability to remain task oriented
Ability to solve complex maintenance issues.
Ability to stay within their scope of experience and make safe decisions regarding their abilities and subcontract for services beyond their scope of ability.
Must be physically fit and able to conduct trail maintenance which includes chainsaw operation, cutting and loading logs, splitting logs for firewood, and removal of potentially harmful objects such as thorn bushes and other debris.
Ability to maintain client and ranch confidentiality at all times, unless under subpoena, or by written permission of the client.