Support all functions of the Quad City Health Initiative including supporting projects and special events, promoting the organization through marketing and communications activities, assisting with organizational development efforts and overseeing general office operations.
*position located in Davenport, IA*
Positon Close Date: 4/5/2019
Key Accountability: Project and Operations Support
· Schedules and coordinates logistics for QCHI meetings and events. This includes securing locations, meeting room set-up, computer set-up, maintaining RSVP lists, making catering arrangements and preparing/distributing meeting materials.
· Prepares materials and reports for meetings including updating organizational dashboards. Prepares/distributes meeting minutes and maintains attendance and membership lists. This may also include creating new documents, surveys and spreadsheets to present qualitative and quantitative information.
· Attends meetings and participates in QCHI project work. This includes working with QCHI partners and volunteers, gathering information, reviewing material and conducting research to support project objectives.
· Provides general administrative support including answering telephone, responding to community inquiries, maintaining office supplies, managing mail, maintaining office vendor accounts, and organizing paper/electronic records.
Key Accountability: Communications Support
· Maintains QCHI’s contact lists to support all electronic and paper-based communications.
· Develops and distributes organizational messages via print, email and social media. This includes drafting news releases/newsletters, developing/distributing marketing material, maintaining the organization’s website content, and developing social media content for QCHI and related projects, as needed.
· Promotes QCHI in the community by participating in community events, meetings and outreach activities, as requested.
Key Accountability: Development Support
· Processes organizational invoices, check requests, and pledges/deposits and maintains accurate records of financial activities to support budget reporting.
· Supports QCHI staff and volunteers in fundraising activities by maintaining contact lists/reports, preparing correspondence/materials and assisting with sponsor relations.
· Assists with grant writing and grant reporting, as needed.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
Two years of experience in a health-related or social-services position with proven ability to work collaboratively and successfully with a diverse range of individuals and organizations.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Writes, read, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Proficient computer knowledge using Microsoft Office, email and web browsers.
Must be able to flex hours to meet organizational demands.
Other Abilities Include:
Accountability, Adaptability, Attention to Detail, Collaboration, Communication, Flexibility, Customer-Focused, Interpersonal Skills, Managing Priorities/Deadlines, Motivation, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Relationship Management, Self-Development, Teamwork
Experience with content management for websites and social media platforms.
Knowledge of local community resources and working with volunteers including a community/non-profit Board.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work will require travel to other UPH facilities and to community sites in the Quad City area using own vehicle.