Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
The Nurse Recruiter will be responsible for supporting the Human Resource related strategic recruitment functions supporting the hospital nurse units within UnityPoint Health Central Illinois. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Key Accountability: Recruitment
· Recruits and refers qualified candidates for position vacancies at UnityPoint Health by reviewing applications/resumes, reviewing references conducted, interviewing prospective employees, attending and hosting career fairs, and placing appropriate classified and internet advertising by following established guidelines.
· Manages the organization-wide job posting system to encourage internal promotion of employees, as well as provide equal opportunity for all internal and external applicants to apply for openings within the UnityPoint Health system.
· Researches creative recruitment strategies (e.g. social media, creative marketing, diversity outlets, etc.) to understand the best places to find the most qualified candidates, in the location they are looking for opportunities. Uses discretion and judgment to determine and put in place best practices for assigned regional recruitment.
· Extends all external and internal job offers to ensure departmental pay equity, compliance with affirmative action standards, while demonstrating an understanding of supply and demand of market-driven positions. Ensures consistency when following practices established in collective bargaining agreements.(As applicable, based on affiliate.)
· Works in collaboration with other UnityPoint Health affiliates to support recruitment and recruitment related initiatives across the health system.
· Provides guidance and direction to all Supervisors, Managers, Directors and Executive staff to ensure appropriate hiring practices by the interpretation of existing and new employment related policies and processes.
· Counsels internal and external candidates on career opportunities, as well as training and development and avenues for growth.
· Provides support and participates in New Leader Orientation in relation to Talent Acquisition.
· Provides guidance and support to existing managers, supervisors, and leads on the use of the applicant tracking software by directing to tools and resources available for training and education. Facilitates understanding of additional questions as needed.
· Responsible for on-going process improvements in recruitment, onboarding, employment, and diversity awareness.
· Participates in community outreach as a representative of UnityPoint Health in the way of mock interviewing, resumes writing seminars, junior and high school presentations, etc.
· Increase public awareness of UnityPoint Health by maintaining high profile with community business, education institutions, representation on city and other professional associations and social activities on an ongoing basis.
· Builds relationships and partnerships with talent acquisition team members system-wide to share in strategy, best practice and further solidify a one team approach.
· Maintains working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (As applicable, based on affiliate)
Key Accountability: Project Management
· Responsible for contributing to diversity initiatives at UnityPoint Health.
· Administers various work study or internships programs. (As applicable, based on affiliate.)
· Provides new project ideas on an annual basis, and works to lead said projects, as applicable.
· Handles Affirmative Action planning and requests. (As applicable, based on affiliate.)
· Conducts analysis of wage rates in partnership with compensation, hiring leaders and Human Resources Business Partners to ensure retention and internal equity when determining appropriate salary offers.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, or related field or Equivalent Experience.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in HR with an emphasis on recruitment or equivalent experience.
Prior project management experience
3-5 years or equivalent experience in Nursing recruitment experience preferred.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
RACR, PHR or SHRM-CP Preferred.
Demonstrated recruitment success. Microsoft Office skills.
Knowledge of legal implications as it relates to recruitment.
Effective communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and manage priorities. Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with a variety of people.
Prior experience with UPH Core ATS system (iCIMS).
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.