Become a member of the interdisciplinary Cardiology Team, contributing professional knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to adult and pediatric patients undergoing cardiac exams and procedures.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families undergoing procedures, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Assists the physician with the development of an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required in the department in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of the patient.
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required in the safe performance of exams
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of radiation safety and practice including the use of radiation protection devices and exposure levels for both the associate and patient.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance Cardiac Sonographer practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
· Hspotal based professionals must meet requirements for standby call which includes a 20 minute response time from primary residence to hospital
Must meet all state or national professional licensure or certification requirements