Peoria Area Clinics
PRN - No weekends or holidays
Certified Medical Assistant-PRN -No weekends no holidays-8-5 pm work shift
Certified Medical Assistants at UnityPoint Clinic are a major component of a patient's journey. From answering questions, to giving vital information to family members, clinical assistants help ease the minds of everyone who enters the facilities. As one of the first lines of defense in the medical process, clinical assistants lend a major hand in keeping our clinics running smoothly. Lively and energetic clinical assistants will help patients learn and grow. A positive experience is the core of the UnityPoint Clinic mission to give patients the best health care experience. At UnityPoint Clinic, we want your CMA career to benefit you as you help every patient. With training and places for growth, UnityPoint Clinic wants to help you make the most of your education and experience.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Development and Patient Education
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a moderately complex CLIA lab.
· Computer data entry experience.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Current CME certification for National Certified Medical Assistant from the NCCT or AAMA.
· Current certification as Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
· Meets educational/competency requirements per policy.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.