Communication and Interaction - 50% annually
- Demonstrates professional conduct towards staff, patients and visitors and maintains privacy of the patients, their test results and records.
- Greeting and assisting patients who present to the Main Sunnybrook lobby area and/or Imaging department.
- Close working relationship with Patient Access staff to facilitate good customer service/relations.
- Maintains communication with Imaging Administration, staff and physicians in a professional manner. Seeks the advice of the Office Manager with problems before implementing a solution.
- Maintains sufficient supplies. Monitors waste & uses supplies wisely
- Promotes & exhibits a positive public relations image through productive and professional interactions with nurses, physicians, visitors, patients, peers, supervisors, and other hospital personnel.
- Facilitates learning environment for Imaging staff, students and new hires through in-service instruction and supervision.
- Actively participates in Departmental PI projects; including but not limited to, Press Ganey scores, Departmental Goals & personal goals
- Development of secretarial role by attending various departmental meetings & educational opportunities. Commitment to Administrative Changes both within the hospital and the Imaging Center
- Positively Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs. Portrays positive attitude to others regarding system/departmental changes
- Ensures & works to improve customer satisfaction, sets realistic customer expectations, solves customer problems, meets commitments to customers, seeks out customer input, responds to internal customers. RL Events reporting when warranted
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open minded, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism. Builds strong communication lines with others
- Works well in groups, helps resolve conflicts, facilitates various meetings, works well with other departments, is flexible and open-minded, and focuses team on strategies and goals.
Equipment and Regulatory Management - 10% annually
- Utilizes information systems and prepares all documentation necessary to ensure accurate and consistent information work flows.
- Performs care and light maintenance of office equipment. This includes testing and inspection (quality assurance) of the equipment for accurate usage, performance and can assess equipment problems.
- Maintains knowledge & actively participates in following of current department protocols and equipment.
- Accurately maintains necessary documentation and records to comply with regulatory guidelines established by the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), HIPPA Rules/Regulations and the DNV (Det Norske Veritas) accreditation body
- Responsible for contributing to the annual inspection process and adherence to all mandated regulations and standards.
Quality and Procedure Management - 30% annually
- Maintains various aspects of EMR/PACS/MRS(Mammography Reporting System) systems to ensure accuracy. Including but not limited to: reports, outside images, documentation, record requests, data logs, data entry & documentation.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Proactively identifies problems and communicates these concerns with Office Manager, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Anticipates and prevents problems, defines problems, overcomes obstacles, generates alternative solutions, helps solve team problems.
- Adheres to hospital & departmental safety regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures, & protocols
- Works with Compliance Officer to provide any information that is requested
- Accountability for completing daily departmental tasks, completing work either in a team or independent setting. Team work in all aspects including other departments, modalities & Imaging Center
Basic UPH Performance Criteria - 10% annually
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.