- High School diploma or GED
- CNA or graduate of 75 hour healthcare tech course.
- Successfully completes organization competency evaluation program.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Communicates effectively to ensure safety on the job and safe patient cares.
- Sufficiently literate to communicate with patients, staff and others as job requires.
- Ability to complete simple mathematical calculations for required clinical paperwork.
- Licensed driver in the State of Iowa or Illinois with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.
- Age specific care and reporting of Dependent Adult and Child Abuse training within one month of employment.
- CPR Certification.
- Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
- Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.
- Maintains appropriate reciprocity for all states in which services are rendered
- 2-5 years CNA experience and continuing education in the field.
- Associates Degree and continued college education.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education. You are required to complete:
- 12 hours of Aide Specific Training per year (3 per quarter)
- Mandatory Report: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
- CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
- Accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.
- All staff must attend aide staff meetings as well as all mandatory educational programs.
- Back Training Safety.
- Other training and communication sessions as scheduled.
In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.