Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Location: Proctor Campus
Shift: Part time /20-24 hrs per week-6A-8P
Assists patients with their selection of food items from a daily menu and alternate menu that fits the patient's diet order and preference. Collects and reviews patient menus for accuracy. Delivers food trays and snacks and picks up trays, records fluid intake and % eaten after meals. Passes snacks and provides floor stock to unit pantries.
Delivers and Collects Patient Food Trays per Departmental Policies and Procedures
1. Delivers trays to patient's bedside per Delivery Schedule
2. Delivers nourishments to patient or makes arrangements for patient to receive
3. Documents 100% of patients intake and fluid intake on patient's record
4. Documents 100% of calorie count intakes, researching when not completed, turn in to dietitians daily
5. Delivers late trays of special orders/requests/changes in orders as needed
Maintains Unit Kitchens, Floor Stock, and Refrigerators
1. Inventories and distributes floor stock daily, according to established deadlines
2. Rotates floor stock and maintains light housekeeping of refrigerators, counters, and drawers on the nursing units and other designated lounges or pantries
3. Documents refrigerator temperatures daily and ensures the receipt of documentation for Quality Improvement each month
4. Maintains and ensures a safe, clean, sanitary and organized environment utilizing gloves, hairnets, proper cleaning materials, proper temperatures for food service (cold and hot foods), etc.
Manages Information in the Office
1. Keeps manual kardexes up to date with daily/hourly changes from the doctor's orders, patients' requests, and dietitians' orders. Manual kardexes include the floor kardexes and the nourishment record 2. Accurately tallies all items for food preparation by established deadlines to include foods that are not on the menu or the alternate menu using tally forms, including all late additions, changes or discharges 3. Follows the write-in procedure daily Manages the Patient Menu Process 1. 95% accuracy on menu audits per diet order and departmental policies and procedures 2. Turns in menus on time 3. 100% face to face visit with patient and/or family, evidenced by a random audit (likes and dislikes known and reported to team)
4. Aware of information given at food-tech meetings, i.e., attend meetings and/or read minutes of meeting
5. Attends 6-8 hours of MMCI or department education per HRD guidelines
1. Technical School preferred
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with customer service required.
2. 1-3 years of experience in/with food or health care preferred.