Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Environmental Services Assistant
Location: Methodist Campus
Shift-full time/40 hrs per week 2P-10:30P
1. To clean all public and patient areas in the medical center on a routine basis to provide a clean aesthetic environment. To perform special functions as assigned and required by the Environmental Services Coordinator.
Job Knowledge/Problem Solving
1. Ability to assess daily workflow and make changes as deemed necessary.
2. Knowledge of duties, chemicals and equipment.
3. Resourcefulness and effectiveness in dealing with stressful situations and emergencies.
4. Easily adapts to all changing routines.
5. Knowledge of location of various support areas.
6. Current on all in-services.
Quality of Work
1. Follows all departmental cleaning procedures.
2. Observes and follows Safety and Sanitation guidelines.
3. All areas are cleaned thoroughly and consistently with little or no discrepancies.
4. Practices the Critical Moments of Truth.
5. Strives to reach Patient Satisfaction goals.
6. Offers assistance to others when census in their area is low.
7. Utilizes Wet Floor signs. Wears appropriate PPE.
8. Performs turnover activities rapidly and accurately.
9. Uses downtime to improve unit appearance and accepts additional assignments.
Quantity of Work
1. Schedule is completed on a daily basis.
2. Completes project work assigned.
3. Initiates project work.
4. Seeks to perform outside of schedule.
5. Implements procedures to increase productivity.
6. Equipment properly maintained (vacuum bags and filters changed).
7. Housekeeping closet, mop sink and cart kept neat and orderly.
8. Leaves carts stocked for the next day.
1. Supports the efforts of fellow employees through teamwork.
2. Coordinates efforts and cooperates with all levels of staff, inside and outside the department.
3. Accepts changing conditions, new procedures and direction from others.
4. Effectively communicates with appropriate personnel within and outside the department.
5. Assists other department staff by volunteering, filling in and accepting additional work not normally part of the job.
6. Adheres to all MMCI and EVS policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate name badge and uniform according to department policies.
8. Attends and meets all requirements of all in-services.
9. Absent/tardy rate below 3% for full competency.
1. High School Diploma preferred
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with professional cleaning not necessary but preferred.