Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Customer Service Lead
Location: Call Center Methodist Campus
Shift: 2:30P-11:30p with some 10:30P-7a coverage needed with rotating weekends and holidays
This position exists to ensure the utmost in service is provided to customers and callers to the organization's switchboard and the answering service. Overwhelming customer satisfaction is a result of speedy, accurate access to communications and service. This working Lead position functions along side all aspects of the Call Center's services as a floor supervisor and is responsible to assist the manager with day-to-day operations of the Switchboard/Answering Service. ; ; Reporting to this position are Customer Service Representatives of the Switchboard/Answering service. Indirectly reporting to this position are all staff of the Call Center. ; ; This position reports to the Call Center Manager as does Coordinator of Patient Scheduling, Centralized Scheduling and Room Scheduler.
Ensures excellent service quality to all customers at all times
1. Handles all customer complaints expediently
2. Strives for win-win outcome
3. Reports all serious complaints to Call Center Manager immediately. (A serious complaint is one that may lead to legal action, physician complaint, or a complaint that may result in account termination.) 4. Works with Coordinators and Customer Service Representatives of the Call Center to ensure all services are functioning at optimal capability
5. Continually monitors the work load of staff and redirects the workload as necessary during periods of long rings and peak loads
6. Recognizes and appropriately reallocates Call Center resources during peak periods
7. Develops and implements one quality improvement projected related to customer satisfaction annually
8. Ensures all account information is enter correctly
Ensures operational standards are met at all times
1. Monitors service quality and productivity
2. Assists with programming as directed
3. Reviews, revises, and makes recommendations to manager re service specific policy and procedure annually and as needed
4. Monitors and ensures departmental equipment is in operating condition at all times
5. Functions as an expert resource to staff
Ensures staffing and resources are appropriate to provide customer service
1. Schedules beak and lunch periods
2. Post schedule 6 weeks in advance
3. Handles all staff call-offs
4. Assumes Call Center coverage and visibility to all shifts
5. Provides input into annual capital, FTE, and expense budget process
Provides training and continuing education for new and current staff
1. Ensures written policy and procedure (protocols) is current
2. Creates, reviews, and continually updates training manuals and materials
3. Assists with ongoing Call Center service excellence training
4. Regularly monitors staff performance
5. Assists manager to prepare and give staff performance reviews having 90% of reviews submitted to Human Resources on time.
1. High School Diploma required.
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with direct operation of switchboard/answering service equipment, management of data base systems and an understanding of automated telephone service delivery system required.
2. 3-5 years of experience in/with management, including having direct reports and responsibility for staff education and development, perfomance reviews, and day-to-day operations, work in the public sector involving customer services i.e. sales, banking, department store preferred.