RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS: Technical/Administrative: Demonstrates competence in the skills, (processes, procedures, and equipment) necessary to carry out assigned duties as identified below. The Manager is expected to lead the department across all RYC programs in conjunction with the Management Responsibilities.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the RYC Support Services Staff including: Medical Records/Health Information Management, Quality Management, Registration, Scheduling, Reception, Billing, Payee Services and DMH/DASA Reporting.
- Medical Records/Health Information Management: Ensures that record systems are in compliance with all outside licensing, regulatory and accrediting bodies, DMH Mental Health Code, HIPAA, and third party payers. Maintains the electronic health record (EHR) in VisionWorks.
- Registration, Scheduling, and Reception: Assures timely, efficient and customer friendly registration and scheduling systems and reception areas for RYC Outpatient, Riverside, Enrichment Center, CSP, and Ricaurte & Associates.
- Attends and participates in all divisional meetings, hospital management meetings and other committees/meetings as appropriate.
A. Management Responsibilities:
- Patient Flow/ Work Process
- Manages processes, identifies variation and resolves/fixes
- Anticipates issues and involves Lead/Staff in correction plan.
- Implements improvements to meet established work unit targets consistent with established organizational processes.
- Identifies and recommends improvement opportunities and actively promotes and participates in change processes.
- Plans for appropriate staffing on the unit reflective of the acuity of the patients and the skill/competency level of the staff
- Performs duties of Staff Nurse, as needed which includes assessing patients’ conditions, developing patient care plans, administering medications, and documenting observation and treatments given.
B. Resources and Revenue Enhancement Use
- Manages cost per unit of activities per established budget targets
- Understands all aspects of revenue generations for areas of responsibilities
- Monitors charges to assure all charges are entered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assures staff is properly trained to identify and enter all charges for services delivered.
- Evaluates the cost/revenue equation.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement in revenue production and cost reduction.
C. Satisfaction- Patient/Family, Physician, Work Environment
- Engages staff to use data to improve satisfaction..
- Monitors progress, identifies variations from expected and manages improvement processes.
- Anticipates barriers to satisfactions and plans to prevent.
- Implements improvement strategies
D. Department/Service Quality Indicators
- Engages staff to use data to improve quality PI concepts and tools
- Monitors progress made to meet/exceed quality targets.
- Identifies variations from expected outcomes and manages PI processes to improve
- Implements strategies and initiatives to improve quality
- Anticipates barriers to achieving quality targets and implements strategies to eliminate
E. Safety – Patient , Employee
- Engages staff to use data to improve safety using PI concepts and tools
- Monitors progress made to meet/exceed safety targets
- Implements strategies and initiatives to achieve established safety goals
- Anticipates barriers to achieving safety
F. Values- Excellence, Flexibility Integrity, Responsiveness, Service, Teamwork
- Models behaviors for demonstrating values in performing job responsibilities
- Provides specific and timely feedback to employees to recognize demonstration of values and correct performance that does not reflect values.
G. Talent Development
- Hires, fires, evaluates, disciplines staff within defined organizational parameters
- Provides specific and timely feedback to employees to improve performance
- Monitors and manages variances from expected performances
- Plans and implements employee developments actions/initiatives with employees
- Develops and implements action plans to address and correct “fit” issues with lead/employee staff
CORPORATE INTEGRITY PLAN: Consistently demonstrates support of Trinity’s Corporate Integrity Plan
in the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of current rules, regulations, policies, and statutes that affect his/her job.
- Monitors his/her work area to ensure corporate integrity issues are identified and addressed.
- Reports Corporate Integrity Plan compliance issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Supports Trinity’s Corporate Integrity Plan.