Unity Point Clinic
Billing Specialist- Methodist Plaza OBGYN
Monday- Friday, 7:30a-4:30p
Full-Time Benefits, 40 Hours/ Week
At UnityPoint Clinic, our Billing Specialists are here to personally assist you and save you time at the end of your visit to the Clinic. The Billing department understands that everything begins and ends with delivering an unparalleled health care experience for our patients. That begins with a culture that leverages our most powerful resource – our team members, who make a difference on a grand scale across our organization, regardless of the role.
· Serve as the primary resource to staff and patients for questions related to billing.
· Communicate status of clinic billing responsibilities to the Administrator on a regular basis.
· Provide support and training to new employees in the functions related to billing (i.e. denials).
· Monitor daily billing activity/productivity (i.e., timeliness of posting of charges/payments, collection of co-payments, etc.).
· Prepare and verify daily deposit.
· Share responsibility through timely communication of identified problems to assure proper follow-up is completed and ensure proper payment.
· Work accounts in assigned queues in accordance with the department protocols.
· Maintain daily reconciliation/balancing documents per protocol.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.