The Patient Experience Coordinator provides direction for planning, developing, organizing and supporting the implementation of programs and process designed to build patient and customer relationships and to improve performance to ensure the achievement of organizational goals and objectives specific to the assigned service area of UnityPoint Health. This role supports operations for customer service and patient engagement trainings, interpretation of data and research, patient satisfaction improvement initiatives, promotions and communications, reward and recognition, and works collaboratively with executives, managers, physician leaders and others to assure effective implementation of tactics and strategies around patient/member experience and engagement. The Patient Experience Coordinator is a fluent user of the online evaluation and improvement tools available through the third party administrator of system patient experience surveys.
The Patient Experience Coordinator provides leadership, coordinating guidance and mentoring to others involved in patient experience and loyalty work. In addition, the Patient Experience Coordinator presents information to Quality Boards and other Senior Leadership Councils and Committees as needed.
Communication and Planning
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and direct and applicable work experience
Knowledge of customer service theories and practices, and knowledge of healthcare services and patient relations required. Experience with The Studer Group, Baptist Leadership Group, Ritz Carlton, the Beryl Institute or other customer service thought leader strongly encouraged. Proficiency with on line patient experience improvement tools and report generation is necessary.
Experience working with leadership on change management.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Highly motivated, self-starter who works effectively with minimum supervision
· Must be well organized and efficient
· Must be comfortable providing training and presenting in front of groups
· Must have an ability to organize work quickly and efficiently and be comfortable working against deadlines
· Must exhibit professional, friendly attitude both on the telephone and in person
· Must be able to prioritize work and adjust projects to meet changing demands
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with UnityPoint Health staff, affiliated physicians and businesses, community and other professional groups
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Excellent collaboration and team-building skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.