UnityPoint Health-Trinity is accepting applications for a .80 flexible full-time Anesthesia Technician within our Cath Lab. Shift/hours - (32/40 hrs per week) 6:00am-2:30pm . When you choose to join UnityPoint Health, you'll receive the opportunity to grow your health care career and be part of an atmosphere that values teamwork - no matter the setting. If you would like to be a part of a team that centers around patient care and team communication consider working for us.
The Anesthesia Technician is an essential Cath Lab team member, who under the direct supervision of the Lead RN/Rad Tech and Nurse Manager performs specialized tasks to support all aspects of the department. The Anesthesia Technician works in collaboration with the department staff, physicians and anesthesiologists as partners in the care of the patient.
· Secretarial duties for the department including: answering phones, relaying messages, process and distribute mail, post announcements, filing and record maintenance, scheduling and communicating scheduling changes to operative schedule and staff call schedules.
· Greet visitors in the department, provide direction, inform staff/departments/visitors/patients of wait times.
· Manage and place orders for department office supplies and copy center needs.
· Audit account numbers for accuracy and translate charges
· Assist with copying of exam onto CDs for medical records.
· Monitor delay in cases and inform Nurse Manager/Lead.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Help transport patients
· Assist with monitoring of telemetry patients
· Deliver blood products, specimens, etc.
· Prepare Cath Lab cases including: pulling instruments, set up cases, order equipment/supplies, prepare charts, enter post case data, enter Implant Log information, order tests/specimen requisitions
· Care of Anesthesia Equipment including: perform detailed terminal cleaning of anesthesia equipment, process and sterilize anesthesia accessories, ensure all anesthesia supplies are stocked, learn and understand the basics of all equipment used by anesthesiologists, remove defective equipment from use and inform Lead RN, Biomedical and/or Materials departments, understand aseptic supplies, understand process for ordering supplies and medication, maintain QA records and equipment including but not limited to pressure bags, portable monitors, fiber optic scopes, laryngoscopes, assure proper anesthesia related equipment is available for provider, assure medication and equipment are readily available for subsequent cases, assist anesthesiologist during procedures of inserting infusion lines, deliver and set up special equipment needed for major surgical cases.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree or its equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related health care area preferred.
Experience: Basic inventory control experience Previous medical secretary experience preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): CPR required. Certified Nursing Assistant (ASATT) American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians Certification is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Knowledge of medical and drug terminology. Knowledge of aseptic technique required
Other: Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.