UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Shift: Nights-7P-7A 3 days per week and every other weekend.
The nursing assistant assists in patient care throughout all nursing areas. Duties include assisting patients with their ADL’s, transporting patients in various types of equipment and ambulation, documentation of care and treatments done and observes patients for safety and condition change and reports to appropriate staff.
Demonstrates flexibility in meeting staffing needs of the unit and hospital.
Completes annual mandatory education.Communication:
Communicates utilizing the ICARE Standards in all aspects of care and interaction with others.Effectively communicates with all team members, physicians, ancillary staff and all customers. Verbal communication is clear and concise, and written communication is legible and done using approved abbreviations.
· High school graduate or equivalent preferred
Minimum Work Experience
· Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
· Certified nursing assistant at hospital level.
· Basic Life Certified.
· Completion of training in nursing school that covers NA type duties.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Basic computer knowledge
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
· Ability to move and lift patients and use appropriate equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
· Effective interpersonal relationships and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written).
· Must be able to type.