- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant Training Program of a minimum of 75 hours
- Valid Iowa or Illinois certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member across service lines as position requires.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Age specific care and reporting of Dependent Adult and Child Abuse training with in one month of employment.
- CPR Certification.
- Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
- Valid, licensed driver, with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements (not required for Hospice Aides hired to work in the IPU)
- Proficiency with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Access)
- 2-5 years hospice experience in a nursing or hospice facility
- Completion of a 120 hour Nursing Assistant course and holds current State of Iowa Certification.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education. You are required to complete:
- 12 hours of Aide Specific Training per year (3 per quarter)
- Mandatory Report: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
- CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
- Accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.
- All staff must attend patient care staff meetings as well as all mandatory educational programs.
- Back Training Safety.
- Other training and communication sessions as scheduled.