RN Emergency, 0.975 full time (36-40 hours per week), 7:30pm-8am in our Rock Island ED/Level ll Trauma Center
Eligible for full time benefits
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health with in the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
required within 1 year. All nurses assigned to the Emergency Department shall have documentation of a Minimum of 8 hours of Pediatric/Emergency/Critical Care continuing Education hours within a 2 year period. Continuing education may include, but is not limited to: CEU offerings, case presentations, competency testing, teaching courses related to Pediatrics and/or publications.