UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
Ambulatory Billing Account Resolution Associate-Commercial
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time /40hrs per week Mon-Fri 7:30A-4:00P
This position is a working member of the team with daily expectations to coordinate with other team members to achieve operational targets and customer satisfaction. This position may have responsibility for certain job functions in one of four areas; billing, follow-up, collection, cash applications or customer service.
Prompt Entry Of All New Insurance Or Demographic Information Received, Follows Documentation Guidelines.
1. Obtains and promptly enters insurance information to enable prompt and accurate billing of the account.
2. Obtains and promptly enters demographic information to ensure that patient statements are sent to the correct address.
3. Documents all changes made on accounts according to the documentation policy.
Provide Courteous, Prompt, And Professional Service To All Customers. Demonstrate Ability To Bring Accounts To Satisfactory Resolution.
1. Makes sure all patient inquiries are all followed up, within 48 hours either by phone or written response.
2. Reviews and researches all correspondence and/or billing information associated with patient inquiries.
3. Documents all accounts according to documentation policy.
4. Refers all callers to the proper collection agency if the accounts are no longer on our A/R system.
5. Covers phones for CSR's as needed.
Reviews All Accounts On The Assigned Worklists.
1. Thorough knowledge of claim flow through the practice management system.
2. Thorough knowledge of claim edits and how to accurately resolve claim issues.
3. Appropriately assigns accounts to the collection agencies as necessary.
4. Processes correspondence from patients, insurance companies, attorney, etc. daily.
5. Knowledgeable of payer specific requirements.
The Ability To Interpret Accounts And Recognize The Need For Additional Attention (Example: Incorrect Payments, Adjustments, Proper Billing, Etc.)
1. Identifies account problems resulting from errors in registration or other departments. Refers to Manager for communication with specific departments.
2. Knowledgeable of all Central Billing Office policies and procedures.
3. Knowledgeable of all current collection agencies and outsource companies and the functions they perform on behalf of the Central Billing Office.
1. High School Diploma preferred
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with customer service, keyboarding, computer systems and office equipment, medical insurance billing and or cash posting required.
2. 1-3 years of experience in/with working with governmental agencies, UB92/HCFA 1500 and other state billing forms Preferred.