Responsible for the overall management, coordination, leadership, and direction for both the Robert Young Center (RYC) and Center for Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) support services which include: Medical Records, Registration, Centralized Scheduling, Revenue Cycle to include charge master and coding, posting analysis, state reporting, Payee Services, Provider Credentialing / Payor Contract analysis, development and Informatics for Electronic Medical Records (EMR’s) VisionWorks, Avatar and CMHC. Director is responsible for quality assurance and process improvement for RYC and CADS; working through hospital leadership to develop and oversee all quality initiatives for the two organizations while maintaining regulatory compliance. The director plans, organizes and leads through clinical data analytics and maintains both Joint and CARF accreditation. Director oversees the Substance Abuse Prevention Services program to include grant research and writing. Director will also serve as a council leader on the Eastern Iowa Advisory Council for the Eastern Iowa MH/DS Region. This position also serves as an advisor and coordinator of integration and business expansion initiatives.
Service Quality Indicators
Preferred or Specialized
Minimum of a Master’s degree in a healthcare related field, health information management or business
Five years management experience and experience in behavioral health preferred; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills.
· Five years experience in management
· Three to five years progressive quality management experience
· Five to seven years of EMR experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator
· Must have considerable knowledge of informatics and EMR systems
· Must have demonstrated skills with audits and reimbursement regulations
· Must have demonstrated practice with performance improvement
· Must have the ability to effectively supervise and direct other staff members.
· Have experience working with grants and other federal programs
· Must have thorough knowledge of human behavior and performance for the assessment and treatment of behavioral health disorders to include pharmacological factors.
· Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of Illinois Mental Health Code, 42 CFR Part 2, TJC and CARF accreditation requirements
· Must have considerable knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual and current American Society of Addiction Medicine patient placement criteria and the as it relates to both mental health and substance-related disorders or able to acquire the knowledge.
· Must have considerable knowledge of substance use disorder prevention services.
· Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
· Demonstrated knowledge of clinical education requirements, standards, and practices
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
· Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, outside professionals and the general public.
· Must have skills in the operations of computer word processing applications.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.