- Coordinates, conducts and performs all front office operations including secretarial, medical record preparation, maintenance and filing, patient reception, registration, scheduling and billing duties under the direct supervision of the Manager of Employee Health.
- Performs duties and responds to the varying priorities of the manager and Employee Health nurses, in order to assure efficient operation of the department.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Demonstrates competence in the skills, (processes, procedures, and equipment) necessary to carry out assigned duties as identified below.
- Coordinates Employee Health office operations
- Facilities invoice processing for supplies, services, workers compensation (both external and internal), verifying accuracy and appropriateness
- Uses OnBase when appropriate and keeps accurate records of all charges for Finance
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of record filing systems.
- Prepares new employee folders with labels, employee/patient information and required documents
- Organizes and maintains appropriate billing for services
- Coordination and scheduling of employee/patient appointments
- Assembles, prepares, and maintains patient records and files in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Responsible for timely and orderly filing of/attaching records in the appropriate areas
- Is a Super User for the Stix Employee Health Medical Record system.
- Maintains database, produces reports, and provides training to Employee Health staff on Stix system.
- Coordinates upgrades with UPH-IT Department
- Promptly and courtesously greets/addresses each person requesting assistance, whether in person or on the phone
- Obtains and pulls records in response to requests within established time frames
- Assists with scheduling various meetings and provides support for Employee Health Clinics
- Organizes/processes and/or distributes daily mail, faxes and reports, both incoming and outgoing in a timely manner
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, including the main waiting room area
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development, learning new procedures as needed
- Willingness to accept instruction and responsibility for job performance
- Performs other functions as directed
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous clerical/secretarial experience and knowledge of office management preferred
- 2 years clerical in health care preferred
- Billing experience preferred
- Must demonstrate FOCUS Values
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed