- Performs work of routine difficulty in a variety of cleaning tasks that involve use of hazardous checmicals, heavy lifting in a public area, in the operating rooms, and other surgical areas of the hospital including Cath Lab, CTU, and Endo. Exposure to patients (including bodily fluids and blood).
- Daily cleaning of patient rooms, (plus transfer and discharge), precaution room cleaning, and carpet extraction in public and private areas.
- Operates floor machine(s) in public and surgical areas.
- Carpet extraction in public and private areas.
- Proper use of PPE
- Proper lifting, pushing and pulling techniques
- Demonstrates competence in using ladders to clean light fixtures, vents, and other high areas
- Demonstrates competence in vacuuming carpet in public and private areas as well as service vacuum equipment
- Demonstrates competence in sweeping, dry and wet mopping hard floors in all areas; including stairs
- Demonstrates competence in high and low dusting in public and private areas
- Cleans equipment used in daily work tasks
- Demonstrates competence in handling clean linen and exchanging the linen cart.
- Demonstrates competence in handling soiled linen and delivers to soiled utility room.
- Maintains housekeeping closet; keeping it clean, stocked and organized
- Demonstrates competence in using trash compactor and box crusher
- Demonstrates competence in using all cleaning chemicals (except cleaning tech level 5)
- Reports work orders to maintenance for broken equipment; reports work orders for project work to Environmental Services – both via the Intranet
- Cleans walls, mirrors, light fixtures, and windows in assigned work area(s)
- Demonstrates competence in cleaning spills containing blood or bodily fluid
- Demonstrates competence in cleaning public / private restroom
- Demonstrates competence in cleaning up / disposing of patient trash
- Cleans up hazardous spills as trained (spill team)
- Delivers biohazard trash to storage area; labels and tapes boxes and prepares for pickup
- Demonstrates competence in handling biohazard trash and needle boxes
- Demonstrates competence in daily and discharge cleaning, patient room equipment; including bed, over-bed table, chairs, commode, wheelchair, IV stand, and monitor tower, etc.
- Demonstrates competence in cleaning / sanitizing patient showers
- Demonstrates competence in daily and discharge cleaning of precaution rooms
- Environmental Service training in patient setting required. Must have appropriate relevant knowledge of environmental duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to accept, demonstrate, and perform new responsibilities assigned to the Environmental Service Department.
- Must be able to exhibit tact, good judgment, honesty, and a high sense of responsibility when dealing with guests and peers.
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal communication to complete daily work assignments.
- Must be able to use the computer.
- Must be able to complete daily work reports for completed assignments.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English to use chemicals and to communicate with customers.
- Must be able to operate hospital computer.
- Must be able to take direction from those other than leads in Environmental Services Department in order to completed daily work
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed