UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
Cook Production Salad
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: PRN As Needed both 1st & 2nd shift
The salad/dessert aide is responsible for portioning all salads and desserts for regular and therapeutic diets following production sheets for amount needed. They prepare needed salads and assembly food items for various specialty units such as child care, 8 West and 7 West.
Assists in the cleaning operation within the salad area on a timely basis.
1. Portions salads and desserts for patient service
2. Uses production tally sheets for amounts needed to make salads, desserts, chef salads, sandwiches and fresh fruit plates 3. Prepares jello: plain and fruited
4. Prepares custards and puddings: regular and diet
5. Prepares late night sandwiches for patients that are admitted after 8:30 p.m.
6. Prepares food for catered events, such as Doctor's Lounge, daily special function sheet, Day Care
7. Consistently follows regular and therapeutic diets menus
8. Prepares needed salads as required for service line
9. Assembles food items using nourishment tally sheets for evening tray line service
10. Assembles food items for various specialty units such as child care, 7 West and 8 West
11. Responsible for procuring needed food items from storage areas
12. Schedules to work lunch and dinner tray line service
13. Maintains the proper use of utensils, using proper portion sizes of all food items for cottage cheese, canned fruits and salads
14. Monitors food usage to eliminate the possibility of food waste
15. Works the production salad cook position during time of vacation and staff shortages
16. Responsible for properly making food using safe and sanitation principles
Centers on continuous quality improvement.
1. Receives and inspects all food items that are stored in salad area, canned goods, fruits and vegetables, etc.
2. Properly places food items in coolers to avoid contamination
3. Receives and inspects all produce and meat used for color, texture and appearance
4. Monitors proper usage of food items going to cafeteria and tray line
5. Sanitizes all equipment used: meat slicers, tomato slicer, food processors, cutting boards
6. Cleans tableware, equipment used, food carts, knives and spoons
7. Uses proper hand washing and observes good hygienic practices
8. Serves nutritious salads, desserts, fruits and vegetables
9. Ability to determine appropriate appearance of food items
10. Uses correct portion sizes for food: #8 scoops and #13 scoops
11. Monitors temperature of coolers at 40 degrees
Fulfills MMCI and departmental required education.
1. ADA – American Disability Act
2. Confidentiality Video
3. Hazardous Material Competency
4. General Equipment Safety
5. Keeping You Informed meetings
6. People to People
Manages high standards consistent with quality food service operations.
1. Follows standardized recipes
2. Prepares and serves all items with “eye” appeal
3. Wears hair restraints at all times in food service area
4. Wears gloves properly when handling food at all times
5. Uses proper sanitation principles for cleaning equipment and supplies, tables and scales
6. Responsible for the appearance and texture of food for quality
7. Uses the general rule of storage principles First In First Out (FIFO)
8. Is careful to produce accurate amounts of food items such as, salads, jello, custards and sandwiches (does not “over produce”)
9. Realizes that specific time schedules must be met and that work load vary depending on the patient census
1. High School Diploma required.
1. 0-1 years of experience in/with food service preferred.