UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time /40 hrs per week
To lead and support the continual development of Methodist Medical Center and its affiliated entities in a manner which meets customer valid requirements of the Environmental Services Department in a manner which is cost effective and supports both team and individual goals. To be responsible for a shift schedule and provide functional guidance and to fill in when the manager is not available.
Performs amount of work as outlined by standard measurements.
1. Completing Schedule/Work Assigned:
2. Productive use of time:
3. Ensures bed ‘turn' times meet Department measurements.
5. Assistance to manager
6. Performs 20 weekly inspections, with 15 being patient rooms.
Performs high quality of work within established standards. These are the established standards.
1. Cleaning Procedure:
3. Safety & Sanitation:
4. Training & Competency:
5. Meets Patient Satisfaction 95th percentile in assigned areas for Cleaning and Courtesy
6. Performance Reviews:
7. Develops Individual Competencies for Equipment
8. Develops Individual Competencies for 'Department' Specific areas
9. Develops 'Task' Specific Competencies
10. Facilitates and Coordinates Product, Equipment, Task and Departmental In-services
Responsible for providing functional guidance to employers to assure smooth department operations.
1. Monitors schedule for changes
2. Arranging Daily Schedule
5. In-services/ Skill Development
8. Fills in when needed
9. Ensures all hazardous and infectious waste materials are handled appropriately
10. Able to assign people as needed
11. Meeting room Set-ups
12. Assures that equipment is in good repair and workable
13. Assist Manager in initiating and following through on Patient Satisfaction procedures with staff
Works as an influential member of the team.
2. Work routine change:
6. Assists in employee counseling and discipline.
7. Maintains a service attitude and conveys that attitude to employees.
8. Follows and ensures all hospital regulatory compliance.
9. Assists Manager with yearly employee reviews
10. Provides positive examples for all employees to follow.
1. Associate's Degree in the field(s) of Preferred
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with knowledge of J.A.C.H.O., D.O.T., OSHA, EPA standards and regulations as well as Hazardous Waste/Material regulations. Comprehends State of Illinois and Federal regulations as they relate to acute health care, long-term care. Demonstrated ability of handling increased responsibilities in previous jobs Required.