UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
Environmental Services Technician
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time /40 hrs per week 3P-11:30P
Provides routine as well as non-routine specific duties including but not limited to, automatic floor machine, pro-vacuum, battery buffers, parking deck sweeper, etc., carpet care, and hard surface floor care. Also provides pick up and transfer of hazardous chemicals from various departments in the medical center to the chemical shed.
1. Ability to determine which chemical is used for each job. Uses chemicals appropriately 100% of time.
2. Chemicals labeled and stored in a safe manner.
3. Ability to mix furniture and carpet cleaning pre-sprays.
4. Familiar with dwell times.
5. Closet is kept neat and orderly.
6. Able to transport hazardous material in a safe and appropriate manner with Manager present.
7. Wears appropriate PPE at all times.
1. Equipment is returned in a neat and clean condition to the appropriate location.
2. Ability to use swing machines, buffers, auto scrubbers, riding buffer, riding scrubber, wet vac, blowers, Whittaker machine, extractors, furniture cleaning equipment and carpet spotter.
3. Audio/visual equipment is delivered, returned and maintained with all broken units reported to Lead or Manager.
4. Equipment room is kept neat and orderly.
5. Completes daily job responsibilities in a timely manner.
Floor, Carpet and Furniture Care
1. Floor and furniture care is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Strips/waxes 100 feet of tile per night.
3. Ability to scrub, strip, wax, hard floors and extract carpet in an acceptable manner.
4. Ability to operate riding scrubbers and buffers.
5. Carpets and furniture cleaned with the appropriate equipment and chemicals.
6. Utilizes time appropriately while wax or carpets are drying.
"1. Supports the efforts of fellow employees through teamwork.
2. Accepts changing conditions, new procedures, and work direction from others.
3. Communicates with the appropriate personnel within and outside the department.
4. Wears name badge and unifrom acording to policies.
5. Absent/tardy rate of below 3% for full competency.
6. Attendance and competencied in all inservices.
7. Assists with all moves and set ups. 8. Initiates ideas and procedures to streamline operations.
1. High School Diploma preferred
1. 0-1 years of experience in/with floor care Preferred.