Unity Point at Home
Monday-Friday, Day Hours
The Finance Manager role is a key leadership position in the Finance department. The individual will have a high level of experience in home health and in health system operations to support the organization to meet its financial goals. The Finance Manager will have direct supervision over assigned analysts and staff, as well as take on other leadership capacity as assigned. The individual will coordinate development of annual capital and operating budgets, including multi-year projections.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Leadership of Finance Team
· Direct supervision over assigned analysts and other roles
· Provide leadership to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
· Responsible for creating a culture of collaboration innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the company.
· Responsible for the interview and hiring process including completion of employment forms in an accurate and timely manner and coordination of orientation/training programs for new staff members.
· Conducts performance evaluations, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action.
· Directs day to day management of finance functions, including: budget (capital and operating), costing, payor contracting, and financial analysis.
· Communicate with management regularly to review service issues and opportunities for improvement to ensure the delivery of high quality service to all internal and external customers.
· Ensure compliance with UnityPoint Health financial guidelines and corporate compliance policies.
· Participate on teams investigating and strategizing growth or expansion opportunities.
· Monitor regulatory changes impacting healthcare finance and operations.
· Maintain subsidiary accounting system for costing and budget.
· Key resource responsible for pro forma development for key projects as well as historical review for accuracy and improvement opportunities
· Maintain subsidiary accounting system used for budgeting.
· Function as project manager for assigned projects when requested.
· Assist payor contracting with management team and UnityPoint Health contracting department.
· Partner with the Regional Accounting Director to ensure the financial statements are accurate and complete in a timely manner
· Assist with the preparation and filing of annual Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports
· Provide assistance and education on financial concepts and the use of financial systems to the management team
· Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
Delivery of Key Financial Analysis
· Prepare or oversee preparation of monthly/quarterly statistical, benchmark and graphical reports.
· Prepare or oversee analysis of various revenue and expense information to aid budgetary efforts, decision making or operational improvement initiatives.
· Oversee and coordinate routine and ad hoc financial analyses for each service area to assist operations management in successful financial performance of their areas of responsibility.
· Lead organization in the development and management of a financial variance review process, assisting the leadership team in understanding variances and how to mitigate unfavorable outcomes.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.