UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Full-Time with Benefits
12 hour nights 7P-7A, Every other Weekend and Every other Holiday
The RN is responsible for coordinating the care of patients and families that they care for utilizing the nursing process, and the skills that are part of their functions as a registered nurse. Summary of duties include: utilizing nursing knowledge for critical thinking, planning of care, evaluating response to care and planning for the needs of the patient and family.
Delivery of Care:
· Must have completed an accredited nursing program and possess a valid nursing license.
· BSN is preferred
Minimum Work Experience
· Completion of accredited nursing program
· Valid nursing license. Specialty certification is encouraged.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Certifications to include: BCLS, ACLS (within 6 months), PALS (within 1 year), TNCC (within 2 years), CPI (within 1 year)
· Must be able to complete computer programs
· Must be able to meet the competency of unit assigned to and also be able to successfully complete orientation
· Must be able to meet reliable attendance guidelines
· Must legally perform the essential functions of the job
· Able to demonstrate the necessary skills and competencies to include medication administration and nursing competencies
· Must be able to perform the essentials functions of the job, including ability to communicate effectively
· Able to distinguish colors
· Able to read, write, comprehend and speak English